Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Whine whine whine

At first, being told to lay in bed with your feet up sounds pretty awesome. But it wears thin. I saw my doctor again today, and this time he was a little more adamant about keeping my feet elevated. But I had things to do today! I guess I'll have to work on finding some balance of time on my feet to get things done and time with my feet up to keep the swelling down. All the while I will remind myself that this has been a very smooth pregnancy and if this is the worst of the associated afflictions, I should be grateful. But that does little to affect the boredom. Scrabulous can only amuse me for so long.

Anyhoo, aside from the swelling, doc still says everything is on track and looking good. No signs of anything happening early. I had a pretty hefty weight gain over the last week, which didn't concern the doctor but did concern me. After reviewing my eating over the past week and getting the reminder that being off work means I'm less active (especially since I try to keep those feet up), I guess it's not much of a mystery where those extra pounds came from. But dang, I still can't quite believe it. Overall my gain throughout the pregnancy is still within normal limits, but if I keep up the off-work-and-feet-up routine for another two or three weeks I will have tipped the scales a little too much. Darn, I was so enjoying all those compliments about my size.

Looks like I caught a short-lived flu. Spent a few hours praying to the porcelin god last night. (Imagine what my weigh-in today might have been otherwise!) Seems to have passed, but of course now I'm exhausted. Might nap after posting this. I rarely nap. But I guess it's a practice I should get accustomed to. Sleep when the baby sleeps, right?

Ack! I've become one of "those" women! I very much do not want to be the whiny type. I have to work on that.


PS - Teehee, my new ticker is a little out of whack. I thought I'd go with the cute little chicks, since baby already has quite a few of them in the nursery thanks to gender-neutral gift giving friends and family (er, the gifts are gender neutral, not the friends and family). But the poor baby is dwarfed by the giant chicks! No, please don't peck at my baby!

2 comments:

Jay said...

Ah the joys of the early shower, lots of yellow and green. :)

Yes, there is something about the last few weeks that make it really hard to stay still and keep your feet up. Its the nesting bug and it is normal and you can whine. If you didn't whine, I be concerned, haha.

Here is a suggestion for something to do while you rest. Write a letter to the baby for the baby book. Talk about your pregnancy, cravings, feelings, etc. Its amazing how fast you forget after you give birth.

Good luck, your almost there!

Anonymous said...

Nap- Whine-Enjoy we will all be up there soon and you will wish for some peace and quiet. You are almost to the finish line. Thanks for the blog.
Love Granny Yarbrough