Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Still pregnant!

Had another non-stress test and exam with my doctor yesterday. Baby still seems to want to stay put for a while longer, and there are no signs of any problems with either of us, so that's what we're going to let it do - for now. We also put together a plan to induce that we will follow through on if nothing happens soon. First another non-stress test on Friday, then another on Saturday followed by the first of the actual induction steps. We'll be back and forth to the hospital to be checked and for more help moving things along on Saturday and Sunday, with a goal of delivering on Sunday.

(It occurred to me that Sunday is the 27th, which would be exactly five months to the day from my birthday. Perhaps Ray could remember our dates that way. It also occurred to me that the 27th is really not too far off from May 1, so if we changed our plans to induce a bit we could possibly please Karen by having a May baby. Finally two last things occurred to me: I am way too obsessed with dates (for example, license plate insurance dates - if you don't know, don't ask), and there is no way in hell I'm holding this baby in longer to please Karen. Sorry sis.)

I like having a plan. Much as I am aware that the plans could crumble if the baby so chooses, I like that we have a plan to look forward to if nothing happens in the next couple of days. And when the doctor and Ray and I were putting this plan together, I must say I very much liked that we might be able to plan it so that all of the hospital stuff happens over Ray's weekend (if all goes well I'd deliver on Sunday and we'd go home on Monday). Of course if things happened mid-week and Robyn was around, I know we'd get it sorted out and everything would be fine. But being able to have a hand in deciding the dates to avoid the need to sort that out is a nice perk.

I slept miraculously well last night. Maybe it's because we have a plan, so I was more relaxed. Or maybe it's because I'm about to go into labour any minute now and my body knew I would need full strength today. Honestly I don't care why, I'm just very pleased that it happened. I even remembered snippets of dreams, which I haven't done in a long while, so I must have been sleeping quite deeply. Only got up once to pee, too! I told you, it was miraculous.

Ray has noted that "His" ticker on this blog isn't quite right. If we're overdue, the ball should definitely be in the end zone, right? And really, since he started this whole thing off by "scoring," the ball should have started off in the opposite end zone as well. Hardy har har.

Have you tried the new Oreo Cakesters yet? Mmmmm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not just me that you would be pleasing by holding out until May 1st. It would make things easier for the whole family to have the grandchildren's births spread out evenly over the months. And remember, the goal is to have one baby in each month of the year. Lori and I have covered Dec - April. If you double up in April, we will have to have 7 more babies. And since Lori and I are done contributing, that's an awful lot of babies for you and Kelly to produce! Don't contribute to overpopulating the planet! So you see, this isn't just for Karen, it's for the greater good of the world.

Karen

Anonymous said...

your planing days are over when that baby gets here. Ray has screwed more than his share of plans.(ask Loren about hunting and strep throat) hehe.
We will be there to help with Robyn if baby comes after the weekend.
see you this weekend.
Love granny Yarbrough

Julie said...

Karen, some simple math for you: Twelve months in the year. Four Moir daughters. Twelve divided by four equals three. That's three children each, not two. If you are going to try to dictate when Kelly and I are to procreate, you have to uphold your responsibility as well. One more, please. For the greater good of the world, of course.