Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Doctor's update

Just back from the doctor's office, and basically the big news is... nothing. I'm a whopping one centimetre dilated which means pretty much nothing, and the baby is still sitting pretty high and not looking like it's ready for any action. Doc says it looks like we'll be fairly overdue. Assuming nothing changes, I'll go in for the non-stress test at the hospital on Saturday, then check in again with the doctor on Tuesday. If there's still nothing happening by Friday April 25 then we'll be talking inducement. So far I haven't felt anything I would call a contraction. I've had some moments of discomfort, and after I eat I'm often uncomfortable which I imagine is just because of lack of space. Today I've been feeling pretty nauseous so that's fun. Blah.

I'm still stuck between wanting to get the show on the road already and being completely freaked out in anticipation of the pain. Will keep you posted.

PS - Happy Birthday Trent!

1 comment:

Jay said...

This sounds soooooooo familiar....