Friday, April 18, 2008

D-Day

So. Today is April 18 - what I've been referring to as D-Day, as in Due Day. But baby's still enjoying it's time on the inside so looks like we'll have another D-Day - Delivery Day - some time soon.

Never buy a pool noodle for your kids. My two kids have gone nuts for one, and it's been driving me nuts! Allow me to start from the beginning. Our prenatal class instructor showed us how a cut-off section of a pool noodle can be a great back massager during labour because it feels great for Mom but doesn't take a lot of effort for Dad. So we bought one and cut off a section to pack with the hospital bag. The rest of it has been hanging around the house for a few days now. My eldest child, Ray, has decided it's a great toy and just loves to twist and bend it, talk into one end of it, make dirty jokes with it, use it like a telescope, etc. He's also figured out that you can hit someone pretty hard with it without it really hurting. So he's taken to hitting my other kid, Robyn, with it. Robyn has decided this is a really great game as well. The two of them have put a fair amount of time into the activity of slapping each other silly with a pool noodle, and I'm the Mom telling them to make sure they don't break anything, asking them to cool it when the noise gets to me, and of course being the first one to actually get hurt with the darn thing when Ray managed to hit me square in the glasses, pushing them into my face. Is this supposed to be parental training? If so, I'd like to opt out of the course. I've been getting ready for one infant, not two rough and tumble school aged boys in adult men's bodies.


Yesterday I found some Easter chocolate on sale for 75% off. Oh my goodness. Decent stuff too, even some Lindt brand. And some Russell Stover cream eggs (same idea and size as the common Cadbury ones, but with different fillings) for only 17 cents each! Holy smokes. Just what I needed! I spent a fair amount of time in the store aisle looking at all of the options, wanting to scoop them all into my basket but trying to give careful, logical consideration to my choices so I didn't load up too much.


I think I'll go back to that store tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Ah the pool noodle! I remember that! Haha. Our teacher gave us each one, so we thankfully missed the opportunity to make it a toy. I am sure the noodle would have sounded like Kermit had we gone through that here. Hee