Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What Goes Up...

We saw the doctor again today and guess what? My weight was down. This past week I lost weight, and the previous week I gained quite a bit. I have a new theory. Throughout the pregnancy I had been using the same exam room for every appointment - until last week. The office was crazy busy so I was weighed in a different room, with a different scale last week only. This week I was back to the usual room with the usual scale. So, I'm thinking that scale last week was out to lunch. In any case, I'm no longer freaked about my weight, and the doctor isn't concerned at all.

Baby has also come down some. Doc says for a first pregnancy the "dropping" can take several weeks, and it is underway but not complete yet. He figures I still have another two weeks or so to go. He also checked out a calendar and advised me that he's on call the weekend of the 19-20th so it would be really great if I could go into labour then. Ray pointed out that would be good timing for him as well, since if it happens on a weekend we don't have to worry about Robyn. Ok boys, I'll see what I can do.

The nurses had Girl Guide cookies for sale at the front desk. Boy are they smart, selling cookies in an obstetrician's office. They totally had me sold when they told me that the cookies had gone back to the old recipe. For a few years there the cookies just weren't the same so I was off them. I have verified (a few times over) that the old recipe is indeed back. Mmmmmm.

Laughing until you cry is the greatest, isn't it? Robyn provided me with a great belly laugh yesterday. In case you've never met Robyn, I'll fill you in on the two passions in his life: making people laugh, and music. He gets a real kick out of both. When it comes to music, he's got a great knack for remembering artist names and song titles, especially the oldies his Mom exposed him to. So Ray has started up a game with Robyn where he searches for song clips online and challenges Robyn to identify them as fast as he can. Often, Robyn sings along, even if he doesn't know the words. He'll passionately belt out a tune, with the right melody and timing, but with completely nonsensical lyrics. It's pretty amusing to hear. Yesterday, he topped any performance of his I've ever heard before. Are you ready for this? It was Backstreet Boys, Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely. Oh yeah. He rocked it out. Ray and I were busting our guts, trying to be quiet about it so Robyn wouldn't stop. He got through the entire song start to finish with such passion, and had an awesome time doing it. I'm pretty sure he missed every word. It was hilarious, and he was so proud - I think of his performance, and to see how much we enjoyed it. Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for keeping us posted. I do not know about girl guide cookies? would that be the same as our girl scout cookies? Thin mints, shortbread,and the coconut chocolate ones I love so much?
see you soon
Love Granny yarbrough

Jay said...

Hmm, now I feel totally bad for passing on a cookie sale from Cindy's daughter. However, keeping yummy treats is somewhat key for me these days. Can't I still miss them. ;)

"dropping" can take several weeks... or in my case never at all. These babies like to mess with you. I remember she dropped only to go back up. Ken said she couldn't give up the 'womb service' haha *groan*

I can't wait until the blog alert changes to BABY alert. Soon, I can't believe how soon it will be.

Thats a cute story about Robyn. Ken's brother Jonathan is a big music nut too and can belt out a song at times. Usually a Billy Joel one.