Sunday, May 9, 2010

Oops

Some belated things from Lillian's birthday...

I can't believe I forgot this! This video will take a few minutes, so make sure you have a little time to sit back, relax, and review Lillian's second year :)


I also forgot to do another little thing on Lillian's birthday as I had intended, but better late than never. There's a door in the house where Michael, Ray, and Loren's childhood heights were measured over the years, and we started adding Lillian's height last year. I love it! Meant to do it on her second birthday, but we finally got it done on May 9.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So Lillian still has tons of cute things coming out of her mouth. It constantly amazes me how much she picks up, and how much she's learned in the last six months in particular. We were baking recently (jealous?), and she noticed the flour and sugar bags sitting side by side, and pointed out that the flour was "big" and the sugar was "small." That's one of those things that we haven't specifically taught her about, but she's picked up through books and regular daily life. While we were out on a walk, a car passed by us on the dirt road, leaving behind a cloud of dust. Lillian pointed it out and called it "smoke," then asked where the "fire" was. While she didn't understand that it was just dust, I was surprised that she knew that it looked like smoke and associated that with fire. On a bit of a funnier note, on that same walk, when a stop sign came into view, she pointed it out and said "octopus!" I love that one - she's so close, she knows a stop sign is an octagon, but mistakenly calls it an octopus - CUTE! Another cute one... since we started teaching her to say she is two years old, sometimes out of nowhere she'll announce that she's "too old" - close enough!

Out with Ernie for a walk, with the best stick in the world...
Photobucket

But perhaps the best new phrase she's started using is out of the blue telling someone they're the best. I have no idea where she got that one from, but I love it! Mommy, you're the best! Daddy, you're the best! Gramma, you're the best! Grampa, you're the best! Then when we try to return the compliment and tell her that she's the best, she says, "No, me Lillian!"

Hanging out in a pine tree, which she was calling a "pantry," (get it? Pine tree - Pantry - pretty close) and then started looking for food to cook for dinner.
Photobucket

As I type this, I am 29 weeks along and baby is scheduled to arrive in less than 10 weeks! Eek! I've been feeling lots of movement from the baby for a long time now, but just recently I'm feeling some that should certainly be felt on the outside, and a couple of times I've even been able to see the movements on the surface. I think that is so cool. A little alien-like, but very cool. I have been meaning to get some preggo pics for weeks now, and finally remembered to snap a couple... **WARNING: bare belly alert :) ***

Photobucket

Photobucket

Until next time :)

Lillian does not tire of digging. Ever.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Granny said...

great job Julie. I love the music you chose.