Thursday, May 13, 2010

Full of myself

I can't believe I forgot to brag about myself on that last blog. Usually all the bragging is about Lillian, but wait til you read this - I did something SO out of the box for me, and dang it, I'm PROUD! Ok ok here it goes... I sewed. With a sewing machine. Without help. Seriously! Lillian didn't have proper curtains in her bedroom, and the earlier sunrises were waking her up earlier than Momma would like, and the afternoon sun was making naps difficult. We had bought one second hand curtain at a thrift store a while back, intending it to be used for our own room, but turns out we don't need them as much at the back of the house as Lillian does in her room at the front. Well that curtain didn't fit her window - unless it was turned sideways. SO, I got out Sally's sewing machine (remember, she's on a road trip right now so I did it all on my own) and sewed a new hem along the side of the curtain so the rod would fit through. I even found purple thread to match the curtain, and had to add purple to an empty bobbin. I did need help getting the bobbin loaded - but I found a tutorial online and it worked like a charm. Voila! A nice dark curtain in Lillian's room! Yay for me!

Since I'm on a roll... check out the cards I made for Operation Write Home recently... I love these so much, but I gotta tell ya - they are time consuming!!! When I was in the middle of making them I mentioned that to Sally, and she said to just imagine the glee the kids that end up receiving these cards will get. Good motivator!

Sesame Street cards

Also yesterday I made this card for a certain DSS teacher who is retiring - I don't suppose there's any chance of him seeing this blog, so even though it's a surprise it's probably safe to post a pic, since I'm on such a bragging roll... I tied some slightly tacky ribbon in a Windsor knot - for those of you that know Mr. Tuck, you know how fitting it is :)

Photobucket

Okay enough of that and on to the usual star of the show... we tried pigtails this week! My girl is soooooo cute, I tell ya. So cute, that I couldn't decide which picture to post - so you get 3!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Okay one more then I'm out of time... here's Princess Lillian (in the Burger King crown she got nearly 2 months ago and still wears all the time) when I caught her reading to herself while I was making breakfast.

Photobucket

1 comment:

helloholley said...

cute,cute,cute.....and your cards are too!!!