Thursday, April 1, 2010

Making up for it

Ha! Another post in less than a week! Take that!

Tomorrow will mark 24 weeks down, 15 to go! Yowza! It's going so fast. I find myself thinking that more and more often as the years go by. For example, how did I get to be 30 already? Don't answer.

Oma, this one's for you... For Christmas 2008, when Lillian was only about 8 months old, Oma got her an adorable pajama set that included a red robe. It was awesome, and huge, since it was a size 2T! Well, Lillian has finally grown into it, and absolutely loves it... to the point where it's a fight to take it off sometimes :)

Lillian in Minnie robe

Another she's-growing-up-so-fast milestone... first ponytail! Lillian's not very cooperative with the camera, but I'm pretty sure you can still appreciate the cuteness here.

First, her cheesy camera smile - which doesn't show the ponytail at all but is awfully cute...
Cheesy camera smile!

Then a side view I snagged while Gramma distracted her...
Look! My first ponytail!

Oh and PS to Oma - Lillian has been wearing that sweater and the other one you gave her that same Christmas - finally grew into those too! She gets compliments all the time, people really notice and love that they're handmade. Tell your sorority sister she's a hit!

I've gotten back into the swing of things with my crafting lately. I made some Hershey's Nuggets treats for Ray's office as an Easter treat earlier this week (I'm told they're long gone already), and have some cupcakes all ready to into work with him tomorrow. You can't see it in the picture very well, but those little toothpick labels have bunnies and eggs stamped on them.

Hershey's Nugget Easter Treats

Mmmmmmm cupcakes.

Also made a little "card purse" with a set of springy cards for my secret sister at Curves.

Card purse with matching cards

And a gazillion (ok, 48) Cougar Thank You cards for Ray to give to businesses who donated prizes for his football team's raffle.

Cougar Thank You cards

I also made a couple of gift baskets for raffles - one for the football team, and one for a fundraiser at Curves for the Relay For Life that Sally and Ray are walking in in June. (No, I'm not slagging off - I'll be nearly 8 months pregnant so I took a pass on the participation - but I can still fundraise!) Next up on the crafting list is a bunch of cards for Operation Write Home. I like having another purpose for making cards, besides for my own personal use (I only use so many) or for sale (I only sell, well, practically none!).

Howard and Sally have been out of town for a few days and are heading home today. I know Lillian is looking forward to seeing them again - she asks about them all the time. Heck, she's still asking about where Uncle Loren went, and he moved back to Eugene for school about 10 days ago. It's been so quiet here!

Lillian should be waking up from her nap any time now, so I'd better skidattle!

No comments: