Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lillian Turns Two!

Happy Birthday Lillian!

Ooooeee, have I got a blog for you guys!

Lillian had her second birthday on Tuesday, but we celebrated early on Monday since we knew Loren and Ray would both be home that evening but weren't sure about Tuesday. We had been talking about her birthday for a few days, so Lillian sort of knew what was to come, but mostly she talked about cake - that's my girl! We baked the cake together earlier in the day (she LOVES being a helper in the kitchen), then I decorated it while she slept. I'm not much of an artist, particularly with food, but I decided at two years old she wouldn't care so I tried to make an Elmo cake. There were a few hiccups (the two cake layers stuck to the pans so I had to try to patch them up, the food dye instructions were a crock and got us a pink Elmo instead of red, and the power went out while I was icing the cake so I had to do it by flashlight!) BUT dare I say, I think it turned out okay for an amateur!

Lillians 2nd Birthday

I hid the cake away and once everyone was home Lillian started in on the presents. She sat with Uncle Loren (gosh she was soooo excited for his homecoming), then very slowly and systematically opened each package, let him take the paper away, gave the contents to Gramma without really looking much at them, and raced over to the pile for the next one. She wasn't exactly giggly, but she was definitely enjoying herself!

Lillians 2nd Birthday

Lillians 2nd Birthday

Lillians 2nd Birthday



Lillians 2nd Birthday

Lillians 2nd Birthday

Lillian got lots of summer clothes, some big girl Elmo underwear (cross your fingers for us as we enter that phase!), a couple of alphabet and number puzzles, and a tot-sized baseball and glove - perfect since Ray started coaching softball and Lillian has gotten interested.

Then it was on to the cake!



Lillians 2nd Birthday

Lillians 2nd Birthday

And now on to some CUTE videos. Take a look at some of the awesome things Lillian can do...









One last photo - not birthday related, but look at that cutie!!!

Photobucket

No comments: