Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Christmas Wish Fulfilled!

I had this fantasy that Ray would be able to feel the baby's movements in time for Christmas. Awesome gift idea, right? But not exactly in my control. With previous failed attempts and being a bit early for it, I wasn't expecting the fantasy to be realized. BUT IT WAS! Last night while watching a movie in bed (get your mind out of the gutter, it wasn't that kind of movie) I could feel the baby was pretty active. I was tempted to get Ray to put his hand on my tummy yet again, but I had previously decided that I didn't want to keep trying it over and over only to have him feel nothing - we would just wait until it was more of a sure thing. But when the movie was over I felt a couple of pretty significant movements, so we went ahead and tried. Ray humoured me, but I'm pretty sure he was expecting to feel nothing, again. Then it happened - it was so awesome, both of us being able to feel it at the same time. And the look on Ray's face! The first time we heard the baby's heartbeat, and when Ray was surprised to actually make something out of the images on the ultrasound, and now feeling the baby's movements... his eyes light up at these milestones and I just love it.

I started out the weekend in a pretty kick ass mood. Christmas is almost here, family is almost near, and the gravy is so close I can almost taste it. Who knew the weekend could get so much better? I am so full of warm fuzzies I'm nearly making myself ill. Scrooges beware: I will squash any bah humbugs coming my way with so many shortbread cookies and chocolate truffles you won't know what hit you.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1 comment:

Jay said...

Merry Christmas to you both, or all 3 of you actually! Enjoy your gravy. :)