Monday, December 17, 2007

Belly Button

Ray and I read this week by week article online that gives an overview of the development of the baby that week and what's up with Mom etc etc. We like it because its normal-speak without too much medical mumbo jumbo and with a decent dose of humour. For this past week 22, it mentioned that Mom might be noticing her belly button is getting flatter and may soon pop out. Well I guess I hadn't recently inspected my belly button, because when I checked it out right then and there I was shocked to see it looked different. It's not popped out yet, but normally I'm a total "innie" and I can tell it's starting to look a little more like an "outtie." I just inspected it again. I have a little freckle in there I couldn't really see well before that is now totally obvious. And my surgical scar is easier to see now - wonder how that'll look when the whole belly button has popped out. A bonus to this new change: I was able to clean out a collection of lint with a cumulative size of a cotton ball.

Ray is totally reading this over my shoulder as I'm typing it and was completely grossed out by that last comment. He actually asked me if that was what he found on his chair this morning. Disgusting. I was totally joking. What he found on his chair was probably the collection of hair I pulled out of my hairbrush and rolled up into a little ball for easy disposal. Guess it didn't make it to the garbage can. Oops.

This blog topic has led Ray and I to quite the discussion on hygiene. Have you talked to your significant other about personal grooming habits recently?

Back to baby... still feeling a lot of movement, though I gotta say sometimes I'm not 100% sure whether I'm feeling the baby or various digestive movements. I can't wait for Ray to be able to feel some movement through my tummy, but lately I'm less anxious to get his hand over here because I'm afraid if he feels something it will actually be gas. Don't tell him. Now the first time he feels something and I insist it's the baby he'll insist it's gas and give me a hard time, probably joke about one of us needing to evacuate the premises if I'm rumbling that much.

We had another checkup last week and everything was ticketyboo. One thing that I've been conscious of is my blood pressure since one of my sisters had trouble with it both during pregnancy and since then, but at my checkups I've been told it's right where it should be. Until last week - it was on the low side. Weird, but apparently nothing to worry about. We heard the baby's heartbeat again which never gets old. We'd still like one of those contraptions for home. Anyone not done their Christmas shopping for us yet?

Almost time for bed so I must be going. In case I don't manage to make it on here again before then... Merry Christmas everybody!

2 comments:

Jay said...

Lol, gross girl! There are some places that you can rent a doppler if you want one for several months, much cheaper than buying one. :)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.