Thursday, October 18, 2007

Music to my ears

What an awesome feeling we had today. It was pretty cool to hear the sound of our baby's heartbeat. I've heard the sound before, just on tv or whatever, and I was trying to describe it to Ray last night. The look on his face this morning when we heard it was awesome. It was so fast, faster than either of us expected. I wish I had one of those gadgets at home so I could listen to that heartbeat whenever I want. I think I'd start and end my day with it, and it would be impossible to have a bad day with that routine. I'm still anxious to show. Now I can feel a firmer section of my belly (distinguishable in the middle of that squishy-cushy stuff!), and I'm excited for it to keep growing so I can show off.

Doctor says everything seems normal so far. The nausea seems to be less frequent, but I definitely notice I don't feel well if I eat too much at once. When "they" say it's best to eat 6 smaller meals a day instead of 3 big ones, they mean it. Big meals just sit in my gut like a rock for hours and hours. Ick. But hey, that's manageable, and so far I haven't come across anything that isn't. Here's hoping the ride will stay smooth the rest of the way!

3 comments:

Jay said...

Morning sickness sucks! Hope you don't get it as bad as I did, yuck.

Can't wait to follow you guys on this journey. :)

Granny said...

Thank you for sharing your Blog with us. I talked with Ray this morning. He was completly mystifyed by the sound of the tiny heart beat.

Unknown said...

hi! you don't know me, but i am a friend of Ray's. :) i am so happy for both of you! congratulations!