Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lucky 13

It all feels fairly surreal. We're at 13 weeks now, which means our little one should be about 3 inches long and about one ounce - one website compared this to a jumbo shrimp. Aw, my little shrimp!

So far I have no pregnancy bump, and I haven't had any weight gain. I'm not worried about those things, since I know that every pregnancy is different and I could just be a late bloomer in those areas. But it really makes this feel surreal. I'm anxious to start showing so it can feel really real. I'm hoping at our next check up we get to hear the fetal heartbeat, that'll make me feel better.

Have you ever tried searching for information on pregnancy online? The amount of information available is overwhelming. Plenty of message boards and matters of opinion, plenty of scientific information including lots of realistic images, which I find fascinating. As I was sifting through the various sites today, I was surprised to come across one that was completely original, and even made me laugh a little. I highly recommend checking this one out (come on, play along): www.thepregnancytester.com.

In other news, the last Ugly Betty episode I saw included a montage of basketball, while Get'cha Head In The Game played. In a totally separate scene, there was a Zac Efron reference. Pop culture is so awesome.

No comments: