Sunday, March 2, 2008

Smooth Sailing

Well, we had another appointment with the doc on Friday. All is still going well, he had reviewed the ultrasound and everything's hunky dory there. There was a resident doctor shadowing my doctor that day, so when it came to certain things they did it twice - first the resident, then my doctor. When they were feeling around my belly to determine the baby's position, it was very weird. It was like my abdomen was play doh and they were just smooshing it around this way and that and when they were done somehow they knew that the baby's rump was way up top, head was way down low, back was along my left side and limbs to my right side. I have no idea how they did that. My weight was checked again and I don't know how it's possible that I only gained one pound with all of this Easter chocolate surrounding me. Maybe it was a little off because I was wearing sneakers instead of the usual boots I had through the weekend, but still - last weekend I was a bad girl with the mini-eggs, let me tell ya. This weekend is shaping up similarly. I figure if I limit it to the weekends that's better than every day - right?

Thought it was time for another photo shoot. Can hardly believe it's been 4 weeks since the last one. I feel ginormous, but people keep telling me I look small for how far along I am. I can still wear those same fat jeans, with the waist hanging really low below my belly, but it's getting more uncomfortable. It's not bad when I'm standing, walking, or lying down, but sitting is less than comfy. Wore the same shirt as last time for the photos, thought it might show growth better for those of you who don't get to see "us" in person.






Caught the cold I was so hoping to avoid, but really it was inevitable with Ray plus three people at work spreading their germs around. I tried the power of positive thinking thing, repeating my mantra "I am healthy, my immune system is at its peak" over and over. They say that a woman's immune system really is at its peak during pregnancy, as if the body knows it's all the more important to stave off those germs and protect both people. But alas, here I am, sniffling away, bit of a cough. It's not too bad right now, but it sure keeps me up at night, and sleep was already getting to be an issue. I even started wondering if I'll make it through March 31 at work. Sigh. But I should really shut up with the complaining if this is the worst of what ails me. I still feel like things are going smoothly - the doctor even said I was having a text book great pregnancy... woohoo!

On my mind: What happens if my water breaks while I'm in bed or on the couch or on the carpet? Surely there aren't enough cleaning agents in the world to make that ok. I think I might spend the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy on the kitchen tile. Yep. Eat drink and sleep there. It's the only way.

1 comment:

Jay said...

We had friends that covered all the furniture and car seats with plastic because she had the same concern. Hee.